An Afternoon At Henley Beach, Adelaide
Sunday 12th February 2017
Named for English town of Henley-on-Thames, the Town of Henley Beach was promoted in the South Australian Register in 1860 as being "free from all the noxious smells which have been cause of complaint elsewhere". The Register again advertised the township in 1874. Henley Beach is part of Henley Ward in the City of Charles Sturt local government area, being represented in that council by Jim Fitzpatrick and Robert Randall. It was part of the Henley & Grange Council from 1915 until the merger with the City of Hindmarsh Woodville to create the City of Charles Sturt on 1 January 1997.